Where do I find my google act. password? It's a Mac Book…

Customer Question
Where do I find...

Where do I find my google act. password?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It's a Mac Book Pro?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

IOS11

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

I need it for the internet on my Sony smart flat screen TV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's the only thing I need from Google. Is it possible to reset the password?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you forgot your gmail account password ***** in this case we can try to reset the password:

You can try to find the reset link given below: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:

• have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or

• have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.

2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.

3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.

4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or

2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:

• If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.

• Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):

• Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:

1. an SMS text message received from Google

2. an app (e.g. Google Authenticator)

3. printed back-up codes.

• Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.

• A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:

• You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.

• A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:

• Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.

• You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.

• A security question for Gmail password *****:

• Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.

• When you set up the account:

• Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.

If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you