In my address line "Microsoft Official Support" appears &

Customer Question
In my address line...

In my address line "Microsoft Official Support" appears & won't go away. When I try to shut down my computer a page opens with contact #s. I didn't call or click on anything. Yesterday I looked up a Microsoft # & spoke to someone with a foreign accent. He said I needed to buy tech support for an annual fee of $149 which I did. He gave me a tech contact #(###) ###-####since I didn't have time to deal with the tech at the time. Now I am wondering if that is a valid #. Shortly after that call I received a call saying Windows would be shut down permanently if I didn't call.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

I have no screen issues. Just that "Microsoft Official Support" in the address line which will not go away even when I close my computer.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the version of Windows?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

4 or 5 days. I shut down my computer but it is still there. I called Microsoft as I explained earlier. Did you get that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is(###) ###-####a valid #? Did I need to buy tech support to remedy this problem? Does My computer have an issue that needs to be addressed or is this thing a scam as I suspected?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus/scam party and not Microsoft - please ignore any alerts or prompts they provide. Did you allow this party to remotely access your computer as well?

No

OK, and is this Microsoft alert showing up each time you open up your browser now? Is there any other browser you can access?

It stays in the address line & doesn't go away. I contacted Microsoft yesterday & paid $149 for annual tech support & was given the #(###) ###-####to contact the tech. My question here was is this a valid #? I don't want to be paying any more for tech help. I just want to know if what I paid yesterday is legit. If not, what do I do?
Why am I paying this website just to verify that phone #?

We are JustAnswer, a paid support website for tech issues. Would you like to continue, or would you like me to close this out?

Why did Microsoft send me to this website when all I want is to verify that the # I have is a valid Microsoft #?

Again, that's not a valid phone number, but from a bogus/scam party not associated with Microsoft in any way.

I would like all charges to my credit card refunded since you did not answer my simple question.
you're saying the $149 I paid was to the scam and I should not call(###) ###-####for tech support?
If I looked up Microsoft on Google why did I get a scam from the search list?

I will not repeat my answer a third time. Please get a refund:

http://my.justanswer.com/account/orderhistory