After buying a new computer i was ask to set up a microsoft…

Customer Question
After buying a new...

After buying a new computer i was ask to set up a microsoft email account in order to be able to install apps upon trying to do this a code was sent to my email which i had to enter in order to continue but i can not find an app or anything to get this code could you please help me with this problem

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Microsoft account on any other devices?

No i do not have an microsoft account

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

It would probably be my phone number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Did they email you the code to your personal email address?

no it was sent to my new micrsoft email which i do not have yet

Ok, so this is still a new setup correct?

Create one here and use your phone number

https://signup.live.com

Did you manage to set up an account?

I have an account now but still no place on my computer to get Microsoft mail Is there an option that I have to install first

You can view mail online by logging in here

http://www.office.com or set up your mail account using Windows Mail

I can assist you remotely as well if you struggle?

Do I have to buy office in order to get mail or to install apps on my computer

no need for that unless you want to use Word and Excel then you need to buy Office

You can set up your Microsft account in Mail

Launch your Email App. Press the WINDOWS key on your keyboard to access the Windows 10 Start menu. Select Mail

The first time you open the Mail app, you’ll see a Welcome page. Select Add account to get started. Otherwise, at the bottom of the left navigation pane, select Settings > Manage Accounts > Add account.