When trying to install itunes, (after uninstalling it) I get…

Customer Question
When trying to install...

When trying to install itunes, (after uninstalling it) I get almost to the end, then error, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your computer or device?

10

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the iTunes?

Not sure. possibly no.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If you are getting that error message which means the setup file might corrupted. In this case we can download the Latest version of iTune. Please click on the link below for downloading iTunes in this computer: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-56359-20171213-EDF2198A-E039-11E7-9A9F-D21A1E4B8CED/iTunes64Setup.exe

Once the file downloaded please follow the instruction for installation:

1. Run the iTunes installer.

• Double-click the iTunesSetup.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.

2. Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.

• You can scroll down to read Apple’s License Agreement. You must choose to accept the agreement or the installer goes no further. After clicking Next (which is active only if you accept), the installer displays the installation options.

3. Choose iTunes installation options.

• You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files.

4. Choose the language iTunes should use.

• The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.

5. Choose the destination folder for iTunes.

• By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.

6. Click Install to finish.

• After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish. Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Did not work .......same message appear during installation.

Have you restarted the computer and tried reinstalling the iTunes?

have tried that ...did not work
Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer