I have an ASUS and am on an island off coast of cancun

Customer Question
I have an ASUS...

I have an ASUS and am on an island off coast of cancun Mexico, let was using it fine plugged in charging then crashed or the battery said it needed charging so I plugged it in and did not take charge very long and went black. I thought it was pthe charger and took it to the local computer shop. He says the motherboard is in shortcut caused by humidity (or possibly sand that got in ) and he cleaned it withisoptpropilico alcohol and dried it out pulling out sand on black tape but has same oroblem. He says can't be fixed without new motherboard and2 logic cards and I will lose all my data. Is there a way to get those parts in cancun or an asus tech here to repair it and recover data?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Antpything at all. Last time I plugged it in to charge it only went up to 3 percent and fell to 0 and turned off so I can't get it to stay charged long enough to transfer data to external hard drive to use on another computer

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

I will plug it in now and see, I have not tried it since I picked it up. Wait a sec...

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

I just plugged it in now. Not turning on at all. Completely black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

How can I access the drive on a different computer? I don't know how to do that. He says there is no hard drive, it's a very thin computer built without one, I thought you were the computer expert

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I still need help with a non working ASUS in Cancun or isla mujeres mx

You can locate the locations in Mexico here: https://www.asus.com/support/service-center/mexico

I had that information already. My question was who repaired or knew about ASUS in cancun which is very far from those places. Mexico is a big Country, that is like if I am in Kansas and you tell me how to find people who can help me in Chicago and LA. I need ASUS tech people in CANCUN Mexico please, thanks. Right away

There is not a database for people that know about ASUS in Cancun unfortunately.

That's it? All you did was give me info that was available on the Internet. I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY REFUNDED