My Google Mini keeps asking me to check my modum .The hookup…

Customer Question
My Google Mini keeps...

My Google Mini keeps asking me to check my modum .The hookup is good, no loose connections. Same with the router. I switched servers from Bell to Cogeco. Does that make a difference ?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No . It's wireless

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

All the lights colored & Only one is blinking McA

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Switching providers means a change in your modem/router, one of the boxes of your local network at any rate has been changed.

Which means, you will have to re-configure the Google Mini device to connect to the new network box / router / modem. Its address is doubtless quite different.

Just go through the Google Mini setup procedure again, as if the Google Home device were New, and it should cure the problem.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.