I switched to century link for my internet and the

Customer Question
I switched to century...

I switched to century link for my internet and the technic***** *****ged the settings on my Epson WF-2540series printer to the new Century link network. My problem is that unless I restart my computer, the printer errors out. It is as tho it looses the WF connection between laptop and printer. I delete the printer queue and restart the laptop, then try to print, it will then print the file. What setting in the laptop or printer is not set up correctly. It is like and "auto connect" is turned off.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your WF-2540SERIES: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the driver seems to be set to EPSON PC-FAX driver x64, and not EPSON WF-2540 series x64. It may have always been set that way, computer/printer are about 3 yrs old. i have never had a need to look into these settings.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to connect the printer to the wifi network. Adding or removing the printer in the computer will not allow the printer to communicate with the wifi network. You can select or change wireless network settings using your product control panel. Now please follow this setup first to connect the printer to the wifi network.

1. Press the Wi-Fi Setup button.
2. Press the OK button to select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
3. Press the up or down arrow buttons to select the name of your wireless network and press the OK button. If you do not see your wireless network's name, you can enter it manually.

• Note: To enter the wireless network name manually, select Other SSIDs and press the OK button. Enter your network name as described in the next step.

4. Enter your wireless password (or network name and then password).

• Press the arrow buttons to highlight a character or a function button displayed on the keypad. Then press the OK button to select it.
  • To change the case of letters, select AB12 (uppercase), ab12 (lowercase) and press the OK button.
  • To select a symbol, select Symbol and press the OK button. Then highlight a symbol and press the OK button to select it.
  • To enter a space, select Space and press the OK button.
  • To delete characters, select the back arrow and press the OK button.
  • When you finish entering characters, select Done and press the OK button.

5. Press the OK button to confirm Wi-Fi settings.
6. Select Yes if you want to print a network status report, or No if not, and press the OK button.
The WiFi light should now be on, but not flashing.
Note: If the WiFi light is off, you may have selected the wrong network name or entered the
password ***** Repeat these steps to try again.

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer