The fn key to turn off the internal r worked worked and

Customer Question
The fn key to...

The fn key to turn off the internal r worked worked and makes this laptop unusable.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell Inspiron 17R i17R-2895SLV Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

It has never worked. The laptop is 5 years old now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have another laptop, an HP one, and it mouse driver allows me to make a setting that turns the internal mouse off whenever an external one is attached.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean you have disabled the trackpad on the computer?

Please let me know