I am 71 yrs old, I do not do well on computers, how do I…

Customer Question
I am 71 yrs...

I am 71 yrs old, I do not do well on computers, how do I find a PayPal person to help me. I will gladly drive to your place of work

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

We have been trying for three days to set up an account.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

Every thing. It even tells us we have an account. But nothing shows any information of how to activate

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Can we not find a human to talk to in person

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Are you able to sign in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com

or are you trying to activate an external linked bank account?

To add your bank account to your PayPal account profile, you must... 1) Link your bank account, and 2) Confirm your bank account. Here's the instructions from PayPal's Help Center...

How do I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

You can link your bank account, enter your bank information (we’ll keep this private) by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
  3. Click Bank Accounts under Financial Information.
  4. Click Add Bank and enter your information.

Then just confirm your bank account to complete the process. If you bank online, you can usually do this instantly. If you don’t have online access to your bank account, it’ll take a few days.

Confirming your bank account

After you’ve linked a bank account to your PayPal account, here’s how to confirm it:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  3. Click Bank Accounts in the Financial Information column.
  4. Click Confirm.

There are 2 ways to confirm your bank account.

Option 1: Confirm instantly

If you do online banking, you can usually confirm your account in a few minutes.

Option 2: Confirm in 2-3 days

If you don’t bank online or don’t wish to enter your online banking details, there’s another way to confirm your bank account. Here’s how it works:

We’ll deposit 2 small amounts (less than $1.00 USD each) into your bank account. They’ll show up on your bank statement 2-3 business days later. Note the 2 exact amounts and then:

Log in to your PayPal account.

Click Profile at the top of the page.

Click Bank Accounts in the Financial Information column.

Click Confirm.

Enter the two amounts in the boxes provided.

Click Submit.

Byron, I am a Canadian. When buying or selling an item can I use my Canadian credit cards for purchase and selling on Pay pal? Can the buyer pay directly to my credit card in Canada?

I don't see why not. Did you set your PayPal account up in Canada.

Use the Canadian PayPal link: www.paypal.com/ca