I can't remember my old password on FB, but I have changed…

Customer Question
I can't remember my...

I can't remember my old password ***** FB, but I have changed my password, so I'm locked out because someone tried to get into my account I guess.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

Just updated the new password ***** -- but don't remember my old password. I need to get into my account. I love seeing my family & friends on FB. Help please

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No -- that's the main thing -- I'm locked out for now. But ... have input new password, but don't know what the 'current' password ***** I'm 78 so I DO need help please.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your facebook. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Do you know the email associated with your Facebook account?

What exact message are you getting after it denies you?

Using Windows 7 -- email associated with FB is***@******.***Message says I'm locked out -- someone has tried to get into my account, from Sunnyvale, CA -- that's not me.

Locked out of which account? Gmail or your facebook?

No, I'm not going to pay any additional $39 for this. It wasn't my fault that someone was trying to get into my account. I have already been charged $5 to my Visa account, which they said was refundable. What the heck is going on? Just can't remember my current password ***** I don't have to use that to get my FB notifications.
This is making me crazy. Please fix this so I can access my FB notifications.

Only customer service can see your fees and agreements as you can. Techs cannot.

You can talk to them here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone

Also, i do know that is a deposit, not the fee to get tech support. When you talk to them, and if you agree to the fee

that this question will incur, let me know and i will continue support.

We are not a free service. Customer service can help you with this.