When I start my windows 7 laptop, after asking the password,

Customer Question
Greetings Richard,When I start my...
Greetings Richard,When I start my windows 7 laptop, after asking the password, it says below in a pop up with black background."The application was unable to start correctly (0xc(###) ###-####. Click OK to close the application"And there is a OK button on the pop up.I restored the system to the only on e showing in the list (18th May 2017) But it didnt fix the problem.I am not able to login at all. I have very precious data. Could you please help e troubleshoot the issue and help me get a resolution.Thanks and Regards,
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Even though it gives this error, does it still allow you to sign in?

Please let me know

This error pop up comes after putting the lock password. After clicking on the OK button, there is black screen with mouse pointer. Only alt+ctrl+delete gives the task manager. Thats it.

Thank you

First, can you turn off the computer

turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.

Choose Safe Mode.

This should get you into Windows in Safe Mode (you wont have internet but it is not needed for this).

Once in, click Start, and type in

System Restore

Press enter and follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Restore from the last Restore point.

Once completed, tell me if you can now start into Windows normally please.

Thank you