Ive locked myself out of my ipad. can't get my

Customer Question
Ive locked myself out...

Ive locked myself out of my ipad. can't get my identification code right

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I didnt change it...i just typed the wrong no. 8724 i instead of 8427 several times. I didnt write the no. down so the ipad is disabled and say to contact itunes

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. didn't try resetting thru applesonine account reset tool?. i don't know where to start

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

OK sounds like you are referring to the "passcode" that was set for this ipad. If you are not able to enter this code in correctly or have forgotten, there is not a way to "reset" this code. The only thing you can do is either way for the time that it says for you to try again, or if you do not want to wait you can bypass the passcode by plugging your ipad into your computer using itunes and do the following steps but you will loose all data on the ipad.:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.