Have MS Sculpt Comfort Keyboard and keys are not doing what…

Customer Question
Have MS Sculpt Comfort...

Have MS Sculpt Comfort Keyboard and keys are not doing what I expect . . . like numeral entries in my Quicken software 1 2 3 4 5 6 comes out [email protected]#$%^. Is there a users manual for this device? None in my packaging.

Technician's Assistant: Which Quicken product do you have?

Sculpt Comfort wireless keyboard

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Quicken software?

Trying to write checks basically. Qiuicken software is also new. But I did have and earlier version.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just need to be able to write checks . . . before the wolf shows up at my door.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What operating system does your computer use?

Have you installed a driver for the keyboard?

Windows 7 . . . and . . . Yes. Driver is installed and I'm using the keyboard to type this.
I just want to know where I can get a Users' Manual for this device.MS product guide is useless.

As the keyboard is made by Microsoft, they produce the only product guide for it. There is no other user manual available.

However here is a useful review video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4UbOEsM_hc

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Doesn't address key functions on the keyboard which has been my primary problem. Only know that if I hold the space bar down for three seconds the left half becomes BACKSPACE. Otherwise the whole d_____ thing is an alien landscape.

If the keyboard is not functioning as expected have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver?

Discontinue pursuit of this matter.

Ok, if you change your mind you can reply back again at any time.

Pete.

Pete, Computer Engineer