I have a message on my apple computer, locking it and asking…

Customer Question
I have a message...

I have a message on my apple computer, locking it and asking me to call Microsoft support to have them lead me through unlocking. The number is ***** Can you tell me if this is Microsoft?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not yet,as the computer is frozen. I’m using my Ipad

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry this has happened to you. This is a popular scam that has been going on. Microsoft or Apple does not contact customers regarding issues with computers, Please DO NOT call or let them have access to your computer, as they are probably installing spyware and other malicious items. Restart your computer then Report them to the Internet

Crime Bureau here : http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you

Do you still need help please?