My computer will not boot up, Not starting up. I turn it on…

Customer Question
My computer will not...

My computer will not boot up,

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

Not starting up. I turn it on and all I get it the Lenovo logo and there is nothing after that

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

The Yoga 2, Windows 10 I do belive Believe

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried much due to it not starting at all. It's has been going on for a few months...I had to get a new computer for school because this was happening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your Lenovo will work normally again. Disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then release and wait a couple of minutes, then try powering on. Let me know if any changes occur.

There has been no change...It is still stuck on the Lenovo Logo
How would you be able to connect to my computer if it is not booting up?

Try this next please>

1. Turn off your Lenovo
  2. Next to the power button (on the right hand side), there is a little, small button. Press this button. This button is called the OKR (one key recovery) button.
  3. On boot, you will be prompted with about 4 option. Select the option that says recovery (or one key recovery).
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts.
I did as you said, I was met with a loading screen...and now I am at a black screen and it has been like this for a minute or two.

okay, which version of windows do you have on the Yoga?

I do believe windows 10

okay, Try rebooting and see if you can get into BIOS by pressing F2 continously during bootup. Check to see that your boot device is set to the primary hard drive

Where do I find that?

press the fn key on the keyboard and the f12 key at the top at the same time. The f12 key also has the +brightness symbol on it.

No response

I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue.

How old is the Lenovo?

It is two years old. And I’ve just now gotten to a screen where it said, “preparing automatic repair.”

okay, sounds good.

do you know the lenovo serial number?

It is YB10003917

okay, I was just checking the warranty status. Some models have 3 years. Unfortunately that one is expired.

Just my luck haha

did it do the system restore?

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

I have resolved the issue via secure remote assistance.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you very much!

my computer will boot up if I turn it on?

sorry about that, that was posted accidentally.

It’s fine. And to answer your question previously, no it did not. It’s back doing the same thing.

okay, you may be able to boot it with recovery media. You can download it for free from Microsoft website.

Use another computer and a usb flash drive, then go to microsoft.com and search recovery media.