My window desk top use to come with * and I could open it…

Customer Question
My window desk top...

My window desk top use to come with Stephanie * and I could open it now it comes up with Kenwalters and wants pass word and I do not it. I have tried to set a pass word unsuccessfully and I need to get into my desk top I am talking to you on my Apple 6 phone please help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last night I did my***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did it on my phone I can not do a thing on my desk computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am confused why is my window computer coming up with his name and wanting a password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?

Thank you

Window 10 if you can help u would appreciate it thank you.

Thanks

And this is when you go to access your email account?

Please let me know

I cannot get into windows 10 no one can remotely get control they sat I have to take it to the geek squad at best by and have it wiped out and put bacj to original settings a nd then they might be able go go to the cloud to retrieve data. Does that sound right?

Ok, so on the windows 10 sign in screen, what is the email address you see there?

I cannot get there because when you open my. HP touch desk top to get into where everyis it has Ken WAlters with a back ground of trees and a road.

Ok, then it is with a local account

there is no way to reset this online as you used an internal account, not an email address as the sign in.

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.