Getting message user profile service failed the logon. Tried…

Customer Question
Getting message user profile...

Getting message user profile service failed the logon. Tried to fix by recovery and in safe mode with no luck

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Can't start

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

To shiva satellite using Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Today. I tried recovery and safe mode. In safe mode I could not open the link that was suggested in help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your account error. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

How long has this been happening?

Do you have a guest account or another admin account other than the profile you are trying to log in with?

Can you get to your desktop or is this message at start up?

First saw it today. I have no guest account. The message is at start up

Try this for me. I am required to send a rating message, but we may have much work to do.

Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on.

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the battery if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.

Tell me if you can log on.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Sorry it did not work

Ok, then you will need to try to do one of two things. Let me get the instructions for you.

Try to enable the built in admin account by following this guide first. Then see if we can use that admin account.

https://www.lostwindowspassword.com/windows-7/4-tips-about-safe-mode-on-windows-7.html

If that doesnt work, we can try to reboot as you have been doing and try to restore to an earlier point by using system restore.

do you know how to do that portion?

If all else fails, we can only factory reset the machine if possible or use a repair disk.

Please let me know what you would like to do.

This link i send you has tons of information for your windows 7. Only click on those links for restore and repair. With and without disk.

If none of these work, you will need to use the one 'with disk'.

That means you will have to create one by usb or cd or purchase one to recover the machine if you dont want to lose your information.

You can get one here for about 11.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Recovery-compatible-Versions-Systems-Re-install/dp/B01LZ0PUTT/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_65_bs_t_1/144-6154655-5409725?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C0KZP9AE8SWGH8Q8X7N9

Or, you can make one here for free with microsoft if you have another computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17423/windows-7-create-system-repair-disc

Your last option will be to wipe the machine but it will take all your info with no way of recovery after it starts wiping the

machine. It will set back up like new from the factory, but again, it will be 'empty' of all previous info.

These are your options.