My contact list is gone ,my Skype Credit is lost, Recipient…

Customer Question
My contact list...

My contact list is gone ,my Skype Credit is lost,

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Recipient can not hear me

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

Dont remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you this is all I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your skype. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

How are you accessing skype? Through outlook.com? The actually download for skype?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

my son did set up everything, if I remember right it is window 10, Outlook
rather not prefer, my Son is coming back from China on January 10 , so i rather wait for him

Do you have another device you use skype on? Do you know 'your' login for skype?

Please sign out of skype. Shut everything in your outlook down after.

Then reopen and tell me what you see.

If you see a request for remote, it is automated. Please disregard as i am not sending them to you if you do not need that feature.

Only click that accept for remote portion if you prefer that method.
This is where we connect computers and i resolve the issue with you in real time together after remote is accepted and directions are sent. It will ONLY work with a mac or windows pc. NO other device.
We use this feature for people who need a little more hands on approach with resolving their issue.

If it is not desired, please just disregard and we will continue written communication.

please just tell me what happened to my Skype connection
as I said if you cant help I wait for my Son

I am not in your home. I cannot see your account as i do not know who you are. I do not not where to begin

unless we 'communicate' to figure out what the issue is. Let me show you what i mean. Not everything has

just a one shot answer to help a problem that is symptomatic of what could be several things wrong.

Please review this and then reply back. I understand you are frustrated. But, i can help you if i know more.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34814/why-are-my-skype-contacts-or-credit-missing