I need to wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows 10. How…

Customer Question
I need to wipe...

I need to wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

How do I wipe the hard drive?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your computer?

Use DBAN DIDNT WORK

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

let me know the make and model of the computer

LENOVO IDEACENTRE
Is this what you need?
The computer needing the wipe is still running the DBAN DVD but has errors.
I don't have the information for to to remote on.

yes. are you able to boot to windows desktop

it booted in USB for the DBAN
How do I stop the DBAN?

what screen is showing right now on the PC and is there an option to exit from it

no option to exit
DARIK'S BOOT AND NUKE 2.2.8
ITLS NOT THIS COMPUTER
Can I just pull the usb thumb drive?

got it

please hold down the power button of the computer for 10 secs and computer will shut down

let me know once its off

it's off

unplug the usb drive

let me know once done

done

do you wish to wipe the hard drive as in erase everything and reload the factory image as in when you first got the PC

If I pay the 39, can you wipe the hard drive and put windows 10 back on it?

no remote assistance will not be possible as your computer needs to be rebooted during the process i will give you the steps

the popup for remote service you see is generated by the website and not me so you may ignore it

ok

did the computer come with windows 10 or it came with an older version and you upgraded it to windows 10

upgrated

what was the previous version

windows 7 or 8

I'm sorry it came with windows 10

ok thanks for confirming

our first step is to locate a NOVO button

Novo button is either a small button or pinhole with a backwards arrow icon next to it resembing an upside down U

it will locate on the right-side or left-side edge of the laptop

check and let me know

it's not a laptop

ok..so is it a desktop PC

can you tell me the model#

are you talking about the
AMD A12 7TH GEN
I HAVE THE
SN
MO
MACHINE TYPE
MTM
S/N
AND A LITTLE MORE

no thats not the one i need

anyhow lets try another way

let me know when you turn on the computer are you able to get into windows desktop with the icons

i would need the machine type and MTM if you have those details

I TURNED IT ON BUT NOTHING HAPPEND
Machine type 90GU
MTM 90GU0006us

turn on computer

let em know what screen you get

it came up but on the boot screen for DARIK'S BOOT AND NUKE

ok ..restart the computer and on lenovo logo tap the f12 key

you will get a one time boot menu

let me know once you see that

I have
please select boot device

let me know the options

SATA 2:PLDS DVD-RW DA8ESH
LEGACY: PLDS DVD-RW DA8ESHNETWORK 1:
LEGACY:REALTEK PXE BO1 D00
ENTER SETUP

thanks for the info

give me one moment please

i am checking

OK

thanks for waiting

it seems that the hard drive of the computer itself is not getting recognised

its not getting detected due to which its not loading windows

how old is this computer

I don't know
it is set up right now to only boot in USB

how old is this computer

restart the computer again and this time tap the f2 key

same boot screen came up also says
this software irrecoverably destroys data

one moment please

I have windows 10 on USB should I just try and reinstall it?

you can try to boot from it

let me know what windows you get

windows setup
64 or 32 bit
hold on its doing something on it own
its in stalling

yes..its running the installation screens i believe

let me know the screens as and when they change so that i have an idea whether its going in right direction or not

trying to repair it

what is showing on screen right now

attempting repairs
This is a hot mess
how do i change it to start windows normally

is it running the repairs...does it show any progress bar

no and it is taking forever, it first said to start windows normally but yet did it's own thing.
the Dban had us change the boot to USB only I think this is the problem and I can't remember how to go back and change it like it was.

shut down the computer by pressing the power button down for 10 seconds and then unplug the usb drive power it back on and press F2 to get into the bios.

OMG it still brings up that darn DBAN boot screen
I'm done with this crap.
Thanks for trying to help

the Dban drive has corrupted your drive itself

may i know why did you use the Dban drive

if you could let me know the purpose of using dban drive and how old the computer is approximately i can suggest what can be done

It seems that the Dban drive has wiped off the operating system files and infact wiped of all partitions as well

however, the strange thing is that its still showing the Dban boot screen

please turn off pc and unplug power cord

keep the ON button on PC pressed for 10 secs

then plug in power cord and turn on PC and tap the F2 key

let me know what screen you get

seems you are offline

let me know if you would like to resume and we can give this a try once more