Trying to purchase book from iBooks. Says incorrect

Customer Question
Trying to purchase book...

Trying to purchase book from iBooks. Says incorrect password. I have no idea since it’s not accepting the one I use. Somehow maybe got changed when I got new iPad and don’t recall doing it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have no idea. Thought it was months ago but must have happened with new ipad

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I looked up how to change - going to apple account - I cloud but they want a password *****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Just want a good Id for apple

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
12/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Just tell me how to reset Apple password

It sounds like you forgot the password ***** your Apple ID so in this case we can try to reset the password:

Please follow these steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: Click on this link http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your Apple ID again.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh