Help! recieved message to callfor infected computer. Is this…

Customer Question
Help! recieved message to...

Help! recieved message to call(###) ###-####for infected computer. Is this a valid number

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Gateway

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

This is a scam call you receive. Please hang up, and do not answer the call (if you do) tell them that your aware of this scam and not to call you again.

it was not a phone call it was a message that came up on my screen
f**k you

Still a scam, do not call the number.

It came up as ad designed in a way to trick users into beleiving them.

You should reset the browser and run adware cleaner so that this can be removed if it is due to an extension.

Are you ok?