I drowned my cell phone last week. I bought a new one.

Customer Question
I drowned my cell...

I drowned my cell phone last week. I bought a new one. Attempting to log into my Google account, I discovered that I have forgotten my password. I used the Google recovery service using my cell phone #, received recovery code, but was never given a place to enter the code. I've done this several times over the past few days and now am getting "too many failed attempts" prompts. At my wit's end.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

My new phone works, but is not logged into Google. The old phone drowned 5 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I'm not worried about that as these are all contained in my Google account. I just need to recover my Google account to access them. My home computer is logged into my Google account, but will not allow me to change my password.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What would you like resolved today? Please be as detailed as possible so I can help you the best way. Thanks!

Would you like additional help to get access back from your gmail account?

I have tried everything, but cannot find a means to enter the security code Google sent. Now I am told to wait 24 hours to try again.

I see. How long has it been? Also, can you access your google account or gmail on any other devices or PCs right now?

My Surface Pro is connected to my Google Account, but when I try to obtain a new password *****'m asked to confirm my identity. I put in my last password, my cell number, my second cell number and Google sends my a security code. Then nothing.

Okay, so there's no devices that you can access gmail e-mail right now. Is this correct?

I can work within my Google account on my laptop but am unable to update my Google password ***** I need in order to log into Google on my phone

Right, but can you access a gmail e-mail if one were to come in? Also, how long has it been since it locked you out and said you have to wait for 24 hours?

I am not locked out on my surface pro. I have full access to Google. I am locked out of additional attempts to recover my password.

Okay. Great. Give me another minute or so to look into this. I'll be right back

Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.