I forgot my bios password on my Asus laptop. Haven't used it…

Customer Question
I forgot my bios...

I forgot my bios password ***** my Asus laptop. Haven't used it for a while and need to retrieve info on it. I don't remember the password ***** cannot get on the computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

I think R503U

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, not for a couple of years. I used to carry with me when I traveled but stop using it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you have forgotten the BIOS password, you can still remove the hard drive from it and connect it to another computer using a disk caddy to connect it externally to the second computer.

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------