I can't login into my yahoo account. No not that I know of.

Customer Question
I can't login into...

I can't login into my yahoo account

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No not that I know of

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes but I don't have access to that number any more

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can I give u my new number

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** for the delay. I will be happy to help you. Did you forget your password ***** did it just stop working?

I forgot it and I think it was compromised
I don't think u connecting to this device will
help
if there is anyway u could just change my recovery number on my account it would be get
great

No remote will not help. Sorry that is an automated service that I have no control over. No I cannot change anything on your account only you can and you must be logged in to do so.

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** use the back up options that are showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you.

dats it u not even Goin to ask me what my security questions are or if the password ***** have been entering is correct r incorrect.. so even if I would give u the right password ***** was previously on the account u still can't help me ? because i truly think my account was hacked
I have had this account since about 2005
u just charged me 50 dollars to tell me nothing dats not fair at all

You do understand that you are not speaking to yahoo correct? This website is called justanswer.com and allows you to pay to get advice from a verified computer professional such as myself. Yahoo does not have tech support you can speak to. Your only options are to complete the online password ***** I understand this can be difficult to accept but they leave account security 100% up to you the user. So if it does get hacked you may lose the account, it is terrible but it happens. I am just trying to be as honest with you as I can about your options. Also professional advice is not free. You are speaking to someone with 15 years experience here. That said I 100% guarantee my service so if unsatisfied for any reason just email***@******.*** and they will refund you.

you haven't even asked me anything but what they already ask

For the record I have not charged you anything nor have I been paid anything, the website connects people who need help with verified professionals so if you have any questions about their billing again email***@******.***

I that case the option of resetting yahoo.com should be deleted from the options
resetting passwords

Look I am on your side with this, yahoo used to have a special form to fill out for hacked accounts so you could prove it was yours but they have since removed it.

But the reality now is, if you cannot complete the password ***** they will not let you into the account. They justify this by leaving security up to the users so that means making sure you use a strong password, keeping your back up email address and phone number up to date and not falling for password ***** scams which is often how accounts get hacked. Believe me if there was another way I would know it and would tell you but as it stands the account cannot be recovered without going through the online password *****

how do I get my money back this I already knew I thought this was directly connected to yahoo

You can go here but I will also send this question to customer service who can take care of you. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

thank you and like I said this kinda gives people like me false hope