My laptop is loaded with Windows 10. Whenever I press the…

Customer Question
My laptop is loaded...

My laptop is loaded with Windows 10. Whenever I press the power button and turn it on, the software only loads to the startup display/picture background. It is then unresponsive to any key depressed and will not show the field to type in my password. It remains in this state until I depress and hold the power button to power it off. The cycle repeats itself if I depress the power button to turn it back on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

HP DV6500

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DV6500? Have you installed any updates recently?

Not recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just can't power on to Windows 10

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. When you get to the screen that shows where the log in box should be press CTRL ALT DEL at the same time and let me know if the log in box appears.

I did that already - no response
How can I connect - can't sign that computer on to get to the internet. Its not the same computer I am responding to you on.

Disregard the remote offer, it is automated and obviously I cannot remote into that computer. Try this. You should see the power button on the log on screen, are you seeing that?

cancel my request - this is not working out. I'll figure it out myself some how. Thanks for everything! Bye.

Ok will do.