Has lockup page. Acer chrome book laptop. 2015. No I went…

Customer Question
Has lockup page Technician's...

Has lockup page

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Acer chrome book laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Acer model do you have?

2015

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I went online to check my credit card and it locked up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
It said virus alert
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Thanks

This is a fake pop up, you do not have a virus. Most likely you went to the wrong website which made this pop up happen. Usually they have a phone number and if you call you will be connected to a scam tech support company who will lie to you about issues with your computer and charge you hundreds to fix them. What you should do is turn the computer off and back on and see if the pop up goes away, if it does not please let me know. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Amid number***********

Just reboot and see if that takes care of it. In most cases it will. If it does not let me know.

I see you opened a duplicate question, reply to me on this page only please.

Thank you it worked

You are very welcome. Please take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 5 stars is most appreciated.