I have a Memorexand have lost the cd for the install. I no…

Customer Question
I have a Memorex*****and...

I have a Memorex*****and have lost the cd for the install. I no longer have a dvd/cd player in my laptop, but need to use the external drive, which does not play with windows media player. Can I get an exe file by email so that I can use the drive? I'll have to throw it out if that's not possible. thanks.Leslie

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

It's part of an Epson projector system

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Nothing so far, I'm trying to get the ext drive to play with my dell laptop, so we have video. I use Media player from there, and it doesn't see the external drive.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 5 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service.

What version of windows are you trying to make this drive work with? Windows 10, 8, or 7?

windows 10

Does anything happen at all when you power on the external drive, and then plug the usb cord from the drive into your computer? Make sure to turn up the volume on the computer. Listen for any sounds , and look towards the lower right corner for any action on the screen. Let me know what you see or hear.

Andy, Computer Consultant