Yesterday I downloaded AOL shield with help from an aol

Customer Question
Yesterday I downloaded AOL...

Yesterday I downloaded AOL shield with help from an aol technician who was pemitted control of my computer. I tried to sign on to my AOL this morning and i was unable to sign on. Need to know what to do now. My computer is still in safe mode.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

AOL. I can get desktop but when I try to sign on the block comes on saying I needed to install AOL shield...which I alaaready did

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP desktop running on windows xp

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

I hope your aol technician didn't mess up my computer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP? What have you tried so far?

I worked with the aol technician just last evening, finished up around 7pm. This morning I had to restart the computer and I opened the aol desk top screen but couldn't log on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I did download your AOL shield and should not be having this issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

1Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Are you having this issue with the AOL Desktop GOLD software now? Also, did the computer reboot automatically in safe mode when you restarted it today?

I was not having any problem until an aol technician assisted with downloading aol shield. I don't know if we have aol gold. I had the option to use safe mode or systems

It looks like you might be having multiple issues with your computer now, other than AOL Desktop. Can I connect to your screen to check now?

Aol technician installed aol shield, cannot open email

OK, can we set up a secure remote session so that I can check AOL on the computer now?