I downloaded IOS11 on my I phone and I forgot my ppasscode…

I downloaded IOS11 on...

I downloaded IOS11 on my I phone and I forgot my ppasscode now I can't get into my phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I didn't they gave a 6 digit passcode when downloading IOS11 but I don't have it now I didn't know I needed to keep it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Dont know how as I'm an older citizen and not very tech savvy

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so thanks

12/15/2017
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your apple password. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Did you try to reset online yet?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

I'm not using a computer I'm using an I pad

Did you try to reset online yet? Or try?

Non I don't know how. Also it's my iPhone I can't get to use as I don't have the apple passcode they sent me I do have my own password
No I don't want remorse assistance

Ok, i will give you the path to reset online. Getting in will depend on what you put in for backup.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Getting in will depend on how you set up your apple id recovery:

Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
Choose how to reset your password:
To answer your security questions, select "Answer security questions" and follow the rest of the steps.
To get email instead, select "Get an email." To reset your password, use the email that we send to your primary or rescue email address. Didn't get the email?
If asked for a Recovery Key, use the steps for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.

Try those steps to recover the password ***** let me know the results. If we need further instructions, just let me know either way.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

My email I'll give as a secondary email is***@******.*** I know my password *****'s the PASSCODE that Apple sent when I downloaded IOS 11 that I need. When I log in to my iPad I get a message from Apple telling me someone is logging in to my iPad and where

On the screen that it says that, does it ask you for another device to prove it was you or if it is not?

Or a place to put in your passcode?

No I doesn't it just making me aware
on the phone there is a place to enter the passcode they sent so I can unlock the phone

Where did they send the passcode? In a text or in an email?

A text to the phone I'm locked out of
I I give you remote access how can you get into my phone as its locked

I recommend treating this as if it is disabled. Do you have a computer you can sink that device too?

I have a computer but how do I sync the phone to it please

Try this for me.

I would suggest syncing your ipad first, with itunes on your computer. This will make a backup that we will need later on in these repair steps.

Heres how https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Once you have synced the ipad, next.. We need to restore the ipad to factory default settings.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Once complete.. last of all, we just need to restore your data from a backup.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204184

That page shows you how to restore from icloud and itunes as well..

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know! And if all goes well please remember to return and click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you.

Make sure you do a back up! dont forget.

(use those instructions for the phone instead of ipad)

Thank you,

~Franklin

How do I sync IPAd please

Those do cover ipad. Read through what i sent. At the end you will see that portion to replace the word ipad with iphone. It works the same way.

I will send you ones specifically just in case.

It is the same thing.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

This has not resolved the problem I still cannot use my iPhone because I've been locked out. I've tried recovery mode 4 times as I hadn't synced my phone to iTunes but still locked out. I need to be able to get into my phone to use as I have important documents I need to print off by next Monday.

Did you ever make a backup of that phone on any device?

No not that I can remember I di have the aimed no but Apple says it's not covered by their complimentary warranty so I can't get them to send me the passcode by email and therefore I'm still locked out of my phone

If you can still get into your email/apple id, you should be able to erase that phone all together.

I can no longer help you without 'seeing'/ with written directions as i have already sent the those directions.

I can opt out and try to let another expert help you or i can send this in for a refund for you.

Please advise?

Isaac Franklin

To be quite honest I don't think you can help as I've tried everything you said. I can't get into anything on my phone without the Apple Passcode . I can only get into email on my I Pad. Now I may have backed up to the cloud without realising it as back up to cloud is switched on as far as I'm aware. So if you can find a way to see my phone without the passcode you are very welcome just remember there is a time difference of about 6 hours between us. Thanks ***