I have received a windows has detected a malicious virus on…

Customer Question
I have received a windows...
I have received a windows has detected a malicious virus on my system, they want me to call 1-***-***-****, we have already be scammed before, is this legit, please help.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. Your computer does not have a virus , the pop up is just trying to scare you into calling the number so they can scam you more. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.