I bought an android tablet from a lady that belonged to her…

Customer Question
I bought an android...

I bought an android tablet from a lady that belonged to her deceased husn

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

6.0

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

Factory reset. it asks me for an email and she doesnt know the one he had attached to the tablet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than the original owner was deceased, no.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Please let me know more about the issue so I can best assist you. Also any error messages you're seeing as well

nothing

Okay. Did you do the factory reset already?

what is the total amount to be charged to me today

I believe it's $39, but I can't say for sure since this would be a customer service question. It should be close though

the tablet is asking for the google account attached to it. the thing is this young man has passed away and she doesnt know of the acct he used

I see. Okay, so if it's factory reset, then there's nothing stored on it. The only suggestion here that would work is if he sent any e-mails and who he sent them to. Do you know if this happened at all?

he was a shady character. he only used one phone to talk to his wife and his facebook email is different from the one he paid online bills with and different from the one he used at work. its possible that he set an email up just for this device

Okay. Do you know the name or phone number and I can see if I can find the e-mail he used?

his name was chance howard
he had several phones
i have the box and all for the tabet

Okay. What city and state, and you have the phone number you think he might've used for that gmail? Anything thing you can provide helps!

only 2 numbers i have dont work
im trying to figure out what the town is called

Sure. I'll see what I can find. However, if there's several Chance Howards, this limits the search results

hartsfield, ga.

Okay. Checking now

Did go to Georgia State University at one point?

he was about fifty or so and he drank alot

Okay. I was able to find these *****@******.*** AND***@******.***

Let me know if that answers your questions or if you have anymore and I'll be happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!

i dont have a password
can you tell me when that email was created?

I cannot tell that. That information is difficult to track down without any evidence of e-mails

you are killing me smallz

I definitely want to get you all the answers I can. However, most of this information is very difficult to get. I'm trying to think of another solution here.

If you're just trying to set up the tablet, you can always make a new gmail account. Is this what you're trying to accomplish?

If so, you definitely do not have to use the same gmail account. You can use any one that you have access to EVEN a new one

k. one minute

Sure, no problem!

Any update? Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll be happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!

I tried to create a new account and use one of the other two as a current email. I really just ran out of time. I will have to try agian when I get home. Thank you.

Sure, no problem. Let me know if I can help further and I will. Also, please remember to rate my service using the stars as well. Thanks!