I get a deal that says my computer is being hacked. A phone…

Customer Question
I get a deal...

I get a deal that says my computer is being hacked. A phone number is ***** it and says to call Microsoft for help is this legit?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It s and h p computer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP phone? What have you tried so far?

No its a lap top . The guy I talked to yesterday showed some stuff where I needed to pay 300 bucks to fix it. I think its a scam. My computer is working fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I can give you the phone number and maybe you can tell me if they do work for micro soft its not a phone its a laptop

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. Microsoft or any legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. If they call back simply hang up. If you have paid them then contact your bank or credit card company and have the charges removed. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.