I'm on my laptop. My desktop won't accept the Microsoft

Customer Question
I'm on my laptop...

I'm on my laptop. My desktop won't accept the Microsoft account I've been using for months.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP Envy Windows 8

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?

On my desktop I've done nothing. On my laptop, I started to install new upkates but it appeared to hang up so I cancelled.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've been using the desktop password ***** months with no problems.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the exact message it gives when it fails to accept the password?

Thank you

I forgot my desktop password ***** now know it by guessing. I am on my desktop now and I have signed in. I now cannot sign in to my***@******.*** account on my laptop. I used the same email password ***** I use on my desktop.

Thank you

Did you see a code show on your phone right now? If so tell me it