I received a message that someone else may have accessed my…

Customer Question
Hi, I received a...

Hi, I received a message that someone else may have accessed my account. I changed my password, but in doing so noticed that my telephone number is ***** - which is what may have made it seem like someone else has tried to get into my account. How do I correct the phone number?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No. Does it matter that I have an iPhone?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Please respond here
All I need is to change the telephone number on my Microsoft account
Is this active?
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your account. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To check, you can still sign into your account correct?

Please let me know

I use an apple and yes I can still sign in. I changed my password. That is when I noticed my telephone no is wrong

Thank you

To change the phone number, click my link below

https://account.microsoft.com/security

Sign in if asked and click on Update Info

You can then change it there

Let me know how you go please