My account is frozen on a security program to change my

Customer Question
My account is frozen...

My account is frozen on a security program to change my password ***** someone got into my account. To proceed I need to enter my current password ***** I can't remember it or find it written down. So I have been frozen out of my account for a week now. Every other avenue to retrieve or change my password ***** up with the box "let's get you started on changing your password" for security. Getting frustrated....

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

My page or Facebook at all...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

Over a week ago. I got a notification that one of my posts had been removed for being offensive... when I clicked on " see this post" it came up and I had not posted it...so I clicked on "I did not post this" ... so the box came up that they were checking my posts and account info to see if someone else used it ti post that gif... and they had so then I went to let's get you started on changing your password ***** securing your account and there I've been frozen ever since... because I cannot remember or retrieve my password...whew...I'm old so give me a break

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Only if it makes a difference that it's all being done on an IPAD...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To recover your compromised Facebook account, please use the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/hacked

I cannot use the link to recover my account because I have FORGOTTEN MY CURRENT PASSWORD !!!! I thought I was dealing with Facebook and now you've charged me 50$ to link to the. Box that has frozen my account and I cannot proceed because I. HAVE FORGOTTEN MY CURRENT PASSWORD!!! My only question was how do I retrieve my current password ***** I can change my password!!!
You will need to treat this as a hacked account because you cannot remember your information. Did you visit the link I gave you and follow the instructions there to change your password?
It is not possible to retrieve a password. You can only reset it and choose a new one following the instructions on the link.
The link you sent me is the same as the one that is frozen in my account I cannot follow through to create a new password ***** it first requires me to enter my current one. There is no way to indicate that I cannot remember it

The link is specifically for if your account has been hacked and the password ***** so that you are unable to access the account again.

Have you tried all available options?

Every way I tried to change my password ***** me to that same link. I thought I was communicating with Facebook admin when I wound up with you. Facebook notified me that someone posted from my account and I should change my password ***** that's how I wound up with that frozen screen.
Seriously...you people are going to charge me 50$ for nothing?!?!?

Would you like remote support to troubleshoot this further?

Refund my money... I fixed the problem myself!!!

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account, however you can contact the Customer Service department at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance with refund requests.