I have Toshiba z930. While doing Windows 10 update last

Customer Question
I have Toshiba z930...

I have Toshiba z930. While doing Windows 10 update last night computer tried to restart, Toshiba password ***** Now cannot restart. Error PXE E61

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Toshiba Z930

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have?

Z930

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Had chat with Microsoft tech. Does not understand problem that laptop is locked with password

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Toshiba z930 this is 4th time I have answered this question

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Z930? Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 10 last night as per previous message

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since Windows 10 update last night. Was 77% complete when I left it. This morning when I tried to use computer got to Toshiba password ***** then instead of booting up got to screen showing PXE E61 and PXE MOF errors (media test falure, check cable
M
you cannot remotely access because cannot get in to computer

This is a hardware failure.

When was the last backup?

I am using different computer to chat with you. Not sure, it is automatic to Norton

Can you give me the exact error please?

I think if hardware failure only due to Windows 10 update. Was fine and Computer health check was excellent, no hard drive problem

I am unsure what makes you think it is a hard-drive problem.

The error is pointing to a missing bootrecord on the hard-disk, not an actual hard-disk error.

I dont know what problem is, just that it is caused by Windows 10 update. Is there a solution
I thought you said it was hardware problem?
Exact error. Turn Computer on. Toshiba password ***** displays. Enter password. Screen shows:
Intel (R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.81
Copyright (C) 1997-2011. Intel Corporation
PXE-E61:Media test failure. check cable
PXE- MOF: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
Insert system disk in drive
Press any key when ready.......I do not have sytem disk

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.

Thanks

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Thanks
Kris

Kris

I am contacting you on a Sony computer that is not the computer with the problem. How can I connect you to the Toshiba computer when I cannot boot it up so cannot access the web
Do you want me to connect and give access on Sony computer even though it is not the computer that has the problem?
I contacted Norton, who said it is a Bios restart execution problem and that a technician should be able to help me fix bios online. If you cannot do that could you please refer me to another expert who knows how to fix.