My ATT Universe used to cover the entire house but does not…

Customer Question
My ATT Universe used...

My ATT Universe used to cover the entire house but does not now. What should I do, have tried boosters and they are not working either?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

For several days since a power surge or outing. We have had this system for several years and wonder if it needs an update?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

When did this issue first start? A few days ago?

for the past 7-10 days.

Okay. And you said it followed a power surge/outage?

Okay. Assuming a setting was changed when this happened, then you would need to log into the router and see what the coverage looks like. It should be set to max. This will also show if there's any errors.

Do I need a repairman to update the system?

No, you can do this yourself, but it's a bit complicated. I can do this for you if you'd like, but would need to do the remote service that's on this page. The other option would be to bring it to the AT&T store and have them update it or replace the router

Also, check to make sure all of the boosters are on and active

Let me know if that answers your questions or if you have anymore and I'll be happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!