Lenovo Yoga 3 1370 we installed a new LCD and now the camera…

Customer Question
Lenovo Yoga 3 1370...

Lenovo Yoga 3 1370 we installed a new LCD and now the camera is displaying upside down. Do I have a bad camera?

Technician's Assistant: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?

Just this issue

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

No. Only the display had a slight crack at the bottom, we replaced the glass/LCD when we reattached the camera - when in Google handouts we are upside down

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
If I have to buy a new camera let me know the best supplier to purchase parts
12/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Is it only in Google Hangouts?

Everything ... not just google hangouts
We have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

Is it possible that when you mounted the new LCD in, you mounted the webcam upside down?

We thought about that - if you look at how the camera sits in the slot there is only 1 way to seed it down. We are taking it a part again just to double check
It's definitely installed correctly if you flip it the sensor is on the wrong side

which driver did you reinstall?

Could you get me the name and version of it?

John no offense but these are basic questions we are going back and forth on. We’ve down loaded the right drivers, there is only 1 way the camera can be installed due to the sensors. We have read forums, tried landscape settings, we were looking for something a bit more advanced. Ordering a new camera - suspect this one is faulty. Thank you anywayHappy Holidays

No offense taken! I just need to ask the basics to get some information to start with so I don't repeat steps. I see on the Lenovo website there are two different drivers for your model of laptop so I wanted to make sure they were the correct ones. If you want to continue, please let me know and I'll be happy to help. If not, let me know and I will get this refunded for you and hope you have a happy holiday also!