How can I get a microsoft account unlocked? There is a story…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get a microsoft account unlocked? There is a story behind this question?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I purchased a Office Subscription and have not been able to get it installed. On the first attempt i was connected with micro soft support in india (I think) . the support group remotely attempted to install but advised that the machine had problems and tried to sell me a service the tech was hard to understand and used a lot of tech jargon. I then went to Best Buy where i brought the machine and Security software Office Quicken and TurboTax We were not able to successfully establish a Microsoft account and i was advised to use the 1800 number . The next day i made another attempt with Bestbuy . They raninto a problem the account was blocked and gave me a phone(###) ###-####and advised that i needed to get the account unblocked the number was a automated number with canned questions etc. I ended up with India again at(###) ###-#### the india tech wanted to take over from bestbuy but refused to give a name or phone number so the best buy tech could talk to him. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and had to hold for a long period. ultimately the super told me they could nor reset to account.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Office 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Quicken software?

Iwas installed this monday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want Office up and running

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The phone number that you called is actually a number to a scam company.

What is your email address on file with Microsoft?