What do you charge for answering questions? How do I pay? So…

Customer Question
What do you charge...

What do you charge for answering questions?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How do I pay?

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

So I ask my question(s) now and you take me to that page?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

ASUS AR5B125

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't connect to the hotspot on my iphone -- I used to be able to, but can't now. I think it's a driver problem, but don't know. How do I update my drivers? also can I get upgrade system -- eg more ram

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
12/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to connect to the hotspot?

Please let me know

It keeps searching for a connection
The extra $52 is in addition to the $77 I just agreed to pay?

yes but it is optional

On the iPhone go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings

Then setup the hotspot again and tell me if it then connects please

Same problem

Does the laptop now see the hotspot from the iPhone?

I don't know whether this is useful: it used to work when I had an iPhone 4. When I had to get a new phone it didn't work on the iPhone 5. Now I have an iPhone 8 and it doesn't work with it either.

Not now. I believe it did just a few minutes ago when I tried to connect. Now nothing is showing up.
other networks are shown but not the hotspot.

Can you do the instructions I gave please and then check if the laptop sees the network

I reset networks again. The iphone shows up on list. I press to connect. It tries and then says "cannot connect to this network". I just looked and it's trying to connect again, Unsuccessfully
But it did succeed in disconnecting me. Sorry for the delay; im back on now
I just looked again and the iphone is still on the menu.

Thanks

Which version of windows are you using?

8
8.1 actually

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time: netsh winsock resetipconfig /releaseipconfig /flushdnsnetsh int ip reset netshlog.txt Then restart the Laptop and check if it now connects.

Let me know the results please
will do. This will take a while. I assume I should save the url to reconnect.

yes, please do

I get "netsh winsock resetipconfig command not found"

ok, seems the formating on this website changed it

It is

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

You see it correctly now?

Hi Richard, I went through the steps and rebooted. I tried connecting to the hotspot but had the same resultd

It saw the hotspot though correct?

ok, than do the following please

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try to connect please

OK. Will do. But it will have to be tomorrow. Thanks for this. I'll get back once I've done it tomorrow

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist