I am trying to open up google chrome. When I click on the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to open up google chrome. When I click on the icon in my task bar, it does not open a window like it used to. Instead it attaches a tab to my task bar. I know have 8 tabs attached to the taskbar. I am very frustrated and just want my google chrome to open a regular size window!! I have tried to maximize it move it etc. How do I go about fixing this??

Technician's Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?

I can't launch the google chrome application.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

Sunday afternoon

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I updated my computer with Windows 10, but that was 6 months ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

Are you having this problem on a Windows computer or a Mac OS computer?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Windows computer

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I would prefer you just tell me how I might be able to fix this problem.

I asked to remotely connect so that I could see the problem in action because I am not all too clear as to what is actually going on. How exactly is it opening a new 'tab' in the taskbar?

I appreciate you trying to help, I have decided I will just ask my friend. Thank you for your time

Okay, do you want to come back, if you have any problems? I will keep this open for you. Thank you.

I appreciate the offer, but no thanks

Okay, thank you.