I received a call that I need to renew my license. Is that…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call that I need to renew my license. Is that true<

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

If so, how do I do that<

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

No problem. Just want to kmow if I have to renew my license. If so, email mail me how to do it. ***@******.*** Thanks!

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Hughesnet is internet provider. Yahoo is email

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browaer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am not having a problem! I just want to know if I need to renew my license.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

NO but I need to speak to someone who speaks good English.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus call by a malicious party and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call and provide fake alerts to try and trick users into allowing them access to their PCs and paying for their scam services.

Microsoft will never call users on their own unless their services are specifically requested. Your Microsoft/Windows license will never expire, and your system is just fine as long as you do not communicate with these parties or allow them access in any way; just ignore these types of calls and emails as they come.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,