I can't remember my Samsung account num. Or password. Can…

Customer Question
I can't remember my...

I can't remember my Samsung account num. Or password. Can you help me please?

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Gallaxy 4 Android. Trying to start up my new phone gallaxy s8

Technician's Assistant: What version of Android are you running on your Galaxy?

I don't know! How can I find out?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

I tried using my current user name and password! But it's telling me that that invalid

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I've been at thisfor awhile and would like to get this completed as soon as possible! Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question

When you say set up your new droid, do you mean it is asking you for an email and password?

What type of email do you have that we need to try to get the password ***** for?

It's asking me for my Samsung account num and password

Can you put an email in that space for acct number or the number associated with your email and then the password?

This is what it is asking for you to do:

et's walk through your first steps with the Samsung Galaxy S4.

Step 1: Insert your Battery, SIM and MicroSD Card

To use your smartphone on your operator's network, you'll need a SIM card, which they should have provided. The Samsung Galaxy S4 uses the Micro SIM format (which is the same as the iPhone 4 and 4S). If you don't install the SIM, you'll see this screen pretty quickly when setting up.

Whilst you're installing the SIM, it makes sense to also install a MicroSD storage card – this is a tiny memory card (available from most good electronics retailers, and a bunch of rubbish ones too) that can boost the Galaxy S4′s storage by up to 64GB. That's a lot of storage.

Remove the back cover of the Galaxy S4 to expose the inner sanctum. Drop in your battery in the large rectangular slot, taking care to align the metal pins. Above, you should see the slots for the MicroSD card and SIM.

Insert the MicroSD card into the left hand slot, with the metal elements pointing down. MicroSD cards tend to click in and click out with a locking mechanism – push in as far as it'll go, then release and it will lock in with a click. Next, push the SIM card into the right hand slot vertically, again with the metallic elements pointing down and the diagonal corner or the SIM on the top left. This should slide in – there is no locking mechanism.

Replace the cover, and power on the phone.

Step 2: Select Your Language and Accessibility Settings

First step is nice and easy – choose your language from the drop down panel, and tap Next. If you need to configure settings for visual impairment or hearing support, then you can do so here. TapNext to continue.

Step 3: Connect to Your Wireless Network

You'll be shown a list of available wireless networks – select your preferred option and enter your Wi-fi password.

Once connected, tap Next to continue.

Step 4: Set Up Date and Time

You can manually choose your date and time settings, but handily, there's an option to have it set automatically. Tap the option you'd like (we're going Auto) and then Next to continue.

Step 5: Accept the End User License Agreement

Next, you'll have a license agreement to approve. Read (if you have the time), check the I understand box first. Then you'll need to decide whether you're happy to send Samsung log data from any errors experienced by the phone. Some people can be concerned about the phone sending personal data to the manufacturer, so decline this option. Tap the appropriate Yes or No radio button and tap Next.

Step 6: Create a Samsung Account or Enter Your Existing Details

Like many mobile device manufacturers, Samsung has their own account system which allows you to backup and restore your device remotely in case of an issue, as well as providing a number of additional services. You can skip this option, but I'd advise you go ahead and either create a new account, or use your existing Samsung account details if you've previously registered.

Step 7: Set Up Backup and Restore

If you're reinstalling your phone, then at this point you can restore a previous backup on the phone by tapping the Restore setting. As it's our first time, leave the Auto backup option checked, which will backup our phone's configuration from time to time, and tap Next.

Step 8: Enter Your Google Account Details

If you have a Google Account (I'm guessing that you have), then enter your details next – this allows a number of Google-powered services on the phone to be configured with your account details behind the scenes. If you have other Android devices in the home (such as tablets), using the same account on the phone ensures that apps are synchronised across multiple devices – a great feature.

You'll be signed into your account and can then choose to backup and restore your phone with Google as well as Samsung. Yes, that's what's known as “duplication” in the smartphone bible.

Make your choice and tap Next.

Step 9: Set Up Google Location Services

One of the benefits of owning a mobile phone is the ability to access location-based services, such as weather, maps and more. At this point, you can decide whether you're happy for Google and apps to anonymously locate your device and use that data for services. Again, you may be comfortable with this or not – I personally am, but it's a free choice. Change your mind, and you can flick a switch in Settings later to revert. Make your choice, and hit the large arrow.

Step 10: Set Up Your Dropbox Account

Dropbox is an (awesome) cloud storage service that allows you to access, share and sync your photos, files and documents across your devices as well as with friends and colleagues. As part of the deal Dropbox has with Samsung, you get a free 50 GB Dropbox account for two years. Highly recommended – it's the backbone of my digital life and indeed helps a lot with WGS! If you have an existing account, drop in your details and you should have the storage amount added to your Dropbox quota.

If you are seeing the acct number and password, it is the email you are using.

I advise going online FIRST and putting in your email address and password ***** 'think' it is and verifying

you can log in. If you cannot, you will need to change that email password ***** and recover it. THEN add it to the phone.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin