I can't login to my account. It asks for password I entered…

Customer Question
I can't login to...

I can't login to my account. It asks for password ***** entered it but it wouldn't take. I noticed that my address showed it as [email protected], Which should have been (***@******.*** ) It shows a 't' instead of a 'y' I think that's why I can't login. I went into my husbands (guest) to see if there was a problem there, but realized I had to get into my account first. I went to connect support from at&t however they tried but couldn't help. They told me to contact Microsoft to reset password, but my address is wrong. HELP, jill

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

My address

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Ph

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It's been like this for my 3rd. day counting today. I tryed to correct my gmail address but it wont let me and I think thats why my password *****'t work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I was checking my connect tech virus which should that I have 3 security problems. 2 of which I was able to fix automatically how ever the 3rd. one stated that I needed an assistant to help.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is the incorrect address what is showing on the screen where you sign in to your computer?

I just need to reset my gmail address I have no money to send, (maybe) I'll try AT&T again

Thank you. Hold off on that. I can help you fix this. I just tried to do a password ***** for you and the reset code was sent to***@******.***

That's not as bad as it sounds.***@******.*** is not a valid Gmail address which means that

the address is still available.

OKAY
How do I do that?

This is what you need to do.

Create the***@******.*** address HERE

Once you have that address created it will now be your account

and Microsoft can send you a password ***** code to that address.

To do that after you create the Gmail account go here: https://account.live.com/password/reset

Click I Forgot My Password.

Enter***@******.*** as the email address and fill in the characters and click Next

Microsoft will send a 7 digit password ***** code to the new Gmail address.

It is not a password

When you click Next on the Microsoft page it will ask for the code so please don't close that page.

After you enter the code and submit the page will change prompting you to create a new password.

Once you do that you will be able to sign in to the computer.

Correcting the incorrect address will require a bit more work after that.

I went on Create your Google acct. but stated that my address is already taken, ( my original one ) and the password *****'t work. I was doing this before I received your answer. Should I have used the (***@******.*** )? first? I'll go back to your suggestion.

What you want to do is create an account with the incorrect address so that you'll be able to receive the password *****

code from Microsoft.

Oh,okay
I still can't log into my account. I can't bring up that I'm the administrator of this computer not my husband Ernest Hadley. I'm only cot help on my gmail account. Iv'e lost all of my connections etc. on all of inbox that I've had for a couple of years.
This is what I paid the 5$ for I thought.

Hi. Were you able to create the Gmail account with the incorrect address.

I'm just not on the screen as an administrator and cant bring up all my emails that I go to, to pay my bills etc.

Are you logged in as***@******.***

or as your husband?

I'm the one that's suppose be logged on my husband is my guest. Also my 7 digit code never came up that was supposed to the last time we spoke.

Please check the***@******.*** inbox for a message from the

Microsoft account team and let me know the 7 digit code in the email.

just got it a minute ago

Tell me the code please

Perfect. Thank you.

Please restart the machine and sign in to the***@******.***

account using the password: 87alfa88

Please confirm that you can now sign in.

Hi. Are you in now? There's one more step to fix this.

Andy, Computer Consultant