I can log into my computer. The icons appear, but I cannot…

Customer Question
I can log into...

I can log into my computer. The icons appear, but I cannot open any of the icons. I called Comcast. They told me that the problem is with the Acer computer itself, not with Comcast. How can I fix this problem.

Technician's Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?

I click on the icons, and none will open. I usually get a screen that automatically restarts my computer, but that does not help. If it is better to call me, my land line phone number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

I do not know what this means. I do not have, and never used, Wi-Fi. Nothing appears on my flip phone.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Only my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I do not have a smart phone.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Are you chatting to me from the same computer?