Update 1709 will not complete. First update to not work with…

Customer Question
Good day. Update...

Good day. Update 1709 will not complete. First update to not work with auto download for Windows 10 Pro.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Home computer/Dell/PC

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

Dell 5400

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Tried the auto update/failed, then hands-on by me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want the 1709 update done correctly.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Do you get any error code/message when this 1709 update fails?

It tells me external syskey is stopping the download and that I need a local syskey. I have my computer company working on the problem right now. I will get back to you if they are able to solve the problem, or not. Thank you for your attention.

No problem; you may keep me posted at your convenience. Thanks,