I have been called and told that my Microsoft license for my…

Customer Question
I have been called...

I have been called and told that my Microsoft license for my PC has expired. I have never been aware that such a thing existed. What is it ans what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is Windows 10 but I have no idea what Microsoft model.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for approx 2 weeks and I have not tried anything to solve it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

That is a scam, it is a bogus attempt to get you to pay for tech support.

It is usually only connected to a web page and the computer itself is not infected.

Do not call the number and if you receive a call, hang up because it is a SCAM!

Microsoft will never contact you in that manner.

These are scam artist cybercriminals pretending to work for Microsoft, Geek Squad, or any other nationally-recognized tech companies. They call their intended victims and claim to have scanned their computers remotely and found viruses on them and claim they will suffer data loss and identity theft in order to gain access to the computer. If you give them access to the computer, they will show a screen with false error messages and require immediate payment to cleanup the “dangerously infected” computer and install “protection” software onto the system.

Please follow the link below for more information.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx