The light on the front does not light up and sometimes the…

Customer Question
The light on the...

The light on the front does not light up and sometimes the screen doesn't come on.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

The screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Just a minute. I'll have to check. Can you tell me where to look on the screen?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been kind of going off and on for about a month. It seemed like there was a short circuit.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have hooked up an old monitor I had for another computer; you know, the big, old cone shaped type. Also, I have tried another cord, You know, the three-prong one and it didn't change anything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What's the brand and model of your computer? Can you see a model number printed anywhere on it?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know the brand and model of your computer if you still need assistance with this.