I juqst activated the Windows 10 update. Now the icon where…

Customer Question
I juqst activated the...

I juqst activated the Windows 10 update. Now the icon where I reached my Documents, Downloads, Picture etc. is gone. Howdo I get it back so I can access these things in a coherent way?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Documents, pictures, downloads, music, videos etc. everything that I was able to access via the files icon.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Sorry, i am a digital dinosaur, give me an example of what you are asking about.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, i just told you that is my problem! The windows 10 update screwed me up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

How about I'm very unhappy with this situation?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello please check that the shortcut isn't in your recycle bin.

If not, then please read this to restore the shortcut on your Windows 10 desktop click me

Windows 10 is the first instruction at the top of the webpage. You need to tick the box that's called "User's files".

Click ok and then look at your desktop where you'll be able to access your folders again.