I can"t log into my Microsoft account in order to use my one…

Customer Question
I can"t log into...

I can"t log into my Microsoft account in order to use my one drive forgot my password ***** can"t answer the questions that are asked of me need to reset my password

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Iam trying to set up one drive on my devices and I need to first log into my Microsoft account...no password ***** forgotten and when I try yo reset password ***** ask questions I can"t answer because I don"t remember

Technician's Assistant: I apologize.

What do you suggest can you reset the password ***** me

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I have been working on this for about 3 weeks on and off and it only started three weeks ago when I tried to set up one drive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don"t know ????

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me the email address used for your Microsoft account?

I just need acess to my Microsoft account nothing fixed on my computer
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. The account being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft , their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you I understand what your saying and think it is lousy for Microsoft to not think of the user .... Thanks again

I understand, the issue is they have no way to prove you are the owner, all the companies do this sorry.

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.